Anki Universal is a completely free flashcard app (no forced ads, paid models, etc.) that will help you memorize whatever you want with minimal efforts. You can add text, image, audio, and video to your cards and sync between your Windows 10 devices through OneDrive. Starting from July 2017, you can sync your progress across all versions on iOS, Android, Mac, and Linux by using the free sync service of AnkiWeb. Please note that Anki apps on other platforms are developed by different groups. * Currently, media files syncing with with AnkiWeb is not supported yet. However, you can insert them manually.
What’s new in this version
----- Updated 25 February, 2019 ----- Added an option in "Settings/Misc" to change save note shortcut to "Ctrl + Enter" (default is "Ctrl + s") to avoid problems with certain keyboard language layouts in Windows 10. ----- Updated 20 September, 2018 ----- Add MathJax for Latex math support: - As MathJax is for math only, Latex commands for document formatting or layout might not work. - We recommend to use Anki syntax: [$]...[/$] and [$$]...[/$$] for inline and math equations. [Latex][/Latex] is also supported but the layout might not be 100% perfect. ----- Updated 24 August, 2018 ----- + You can now choose to let the app sync automatically before closing in "Settings/Sync". ----- Updated 15 May, 2018 ----- + Fixed invalided decks causing a crash. + Fixed some text errors. ----- Updated 29 January, 2018 ----- + You can now fix your database through "Check Collection". + You can exclude fields from TTS by enclosing them in a special tag in "Code" section of card template. + Fix URI escaped chars when trying to load media files.
- Supported contents: text, image, audio, video, hyperlink, and embedded link.
- Sync through OneDrive/AnkiWeb. (AnkiWeb also supports iOS, Android, Mac, and Linux.)
- Automatically randomize review time of cards with spaced repetition algorithm (supermemo 2) or set them by yourself.
- Learn outside of your nomal schedule or create sub-decks based on tags with "Custom Study".
- Advanced card customization features for power users.
- Backward compatible with Anki and AnkiDroid (which are not relating to the closed-source AnkiApp.)
- Whiteboard and text recognition (Ink to Text.)
- Text to speech.
- Voice recorder.
- Performance statistics.
- Various searching features: search by decks, tags, fields, card states, etc. Easily turn your decks into dictionaries when needed.
- Night mode.
- Live tiles support.
- Allow adding notes directly from NLP Japanese Dictionary (Website: nlpjdict.com)
Published byAnki Universal
CopyrightCopyright 2016-2017 Anki Universal Team.
Approximate size53.73 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and over
CategoryEducation > Study guides
This app canUse your microphone
Access your Internet connection
Close themselves and their own windows, and delay the closing of their app
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
Publisher InfoAnki Universal support
Terms of transaction
Anki Universal licence terms
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.