Calibre is an e-book library manager. It can view, convert and catalog e-books in most of the major e-book formats. It can also talk to many e-book reader devices. It can go out to the Internet and fetch metadata for your books. It can download newspapers and convert them into e-books for convenient reading You’ve just started calibre. What do you do now? Before calibre can do anything with your e-books, it first has to know about them. Drag and drop a few e-book files into calibre, or click the “Add books” button and browse for the e-books you want to work with. Once you’ve added the books, they will show up in the main view looking something like this: Calibre is a powerful and easy to use e-book manager. Users say it’s outstanding and a must-have. It’ll allow you to do nearly everything and it takes things a step beyond normal e-book software. It’s also completely free and open source and great for both casual users and computer experts.
What’s new in this version
Bug fixes ➡Conversion: Transform styles: When using regular expressions fix substitution groups not working. ➡Fix a regression in the previous release that caused the conversion of HTML to text in comments when output to catalogs or converting downloaded metadata to behave slightly differently. ➡Edit book: Fix beautify not handling <colgroup> and <th> tags correctly. ➡DOCX Input: Fix cross-references using the 'fldSimple' markup not being recognized by calibre. ➡EPUB/MOBI Catalogs: Fix a regression in the previous release that caused ampersands and middle-dots to appear as HTML entities in the output. ➡Prevent a malformed tweaks.json file from stopping calibre startup
- E-book viewer: Add a "Read aloud" function that works via the operating system's Text-to-speech engine.
- A new busy spinner for waiting animations
- E-book Viewer: Allow editing the current book by pressing Ctrl+d or adding a button for it to the viewer tool bar
- Edit book: Add a command line flag to allow selecting the specified text when opening a book
- Edit metadata dialog: When trimming covers, show the size of the current trim region
- E-book viewer: When searching start the search from the current position, jumping to the first match at or after the current page
- E-book viewer: Have the Table of Contents view automatically scroll to keep the chapter being read currently visible
Approximate size368.64 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and over
CategoryUtilities & tools > File managers
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry