INSTANTLY read the start (head) or end (tail) of a text (ASCII, UTF8, Unicode, Unicode BE) file of any size (multi-gigabyte). Ideal for reading log/error files, it can display the end of a file as it grows allowing monitoring of new entries. This app can be associated with various text file types allowing instant opening, by double clicking etc., of the head or tail of the largest of files. The user can pre-configure how much to retrieve and whether to default to head or tail. The user can search within the retrieved data, select and copy etc. This app is memory efficient and super quick.
What’s new in this version
Better handling of 'empty' Unicode files and showing text parts of not fully textual files.
- INSTANTLY read the start (head) or end (tail) of a text file of any size (multi-gigabyte).
- Supports various encodings (ASCII, UTF8, Unicode, Unicode BE).
- Display with or without Word Wrap.
- Find (Search) within retrieved text, search forwards or backwards, optionally match case.
- Associate file types (e.g. .out) with InstantHeadtail so they can be instantly opened with double-click.
- Configure default opening of head or tail of file.
- Configure number of KB retrieved in head and tail.
- Copes with big, large, huge, massive, gigantic, enormous, text files!