The OBD2 scan tool can read Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs), scan the vehicles engine management system for fault codes, reads and displays the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) while clearing the check engine light and stored fault codes.
- Scans engine management system for fault codes.
- Clears stored fault codes and resets engine check light.
- Compatible with most vehicles that have an OBD/OBD2 port.
- Works with all 1996 and newer vehicles that are OBDII compliant (Including CAN).
- Reads and clears generic and manufacturer specific diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and turns off check engine light.
- Supports multiple trouble code requests: Generic codes, pending codes and manufacturer specific codes.
- Code definitions are displayed on unit screen.
- Reviews the emission readiness status of OBDII Monitors.
- Determines malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) status.
- Retrieves VIN (Vehicle Identification No.) on 2002 and newer vehicles that supports Mode 9.
- Reviews the live data on unit screen.