PolarScope is a polar-scope alignment app that runs on your Windows Desktop, Tablet and Phone. It works in both the northern and southern hemispheres, and comes with a selection of popular polar-scope reticles. Features include one touch night vision - touch the heading of any page to toggle night vision on and off. There's also a "Wiki Align" section, useful for beginners - which details a short alignment procedure tailored to the selected reticle and the current location. Other useful features are an orientation screen showing the current orientation of the main polar pointers for your hemisphere, a night vision torch (Phone only) for illuminating the reticule etc., GPS and manual location settings, and a facility to trim the pole star's RA and DEC Epoch setting.
What’s new in this version
General changes to improve stability on certain devices.
- A growing selection of reticle images.
- Polaris and Sigma Octantis friendly.
- Alignment Wiki for each reticle, tailored to your location.
- One touch night vision.
- Built-in Red/White torch with fingertip brightness control (Phone only).
- GPS or Manual location setting.
- Automatic - J2000 - DIY Polestar epoch setting.
- Orientation View.
- Info display inc. next and previous transits, hour angle etc.
Published byMoonScape Software
Developed byMoonScape Software
Approximate size3.56 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and over
CategoryLifestyle > Special interest
This app canUse your location