Scribus can also create animated and interactive PDF presentations and forms. Scribus is a page layout program, licensed as free software, created for publication design, typesetting and preparation of files for professional-quality computer-generated imaging equipment and is available in 60 languages. Support for importing Microsoft Publisher is incorporated into version 1.5, and QuarkXPress Tag files, InDesign's IDML, as well as InCopy's ICML formats were added to the development branch Supports most major bitmap formats, including TIFF, JPEG, and PSD. Vector drawings can be imported or directly opened for editing. The long list of supported formats includes Encapsulated PostScript, SVG, Adobe Illustrator, and Xfig. Professional type/image-setting features include CMYK colors and ICC color management. It has a built-in scripting engine using Python. High-level printing is achieved using its own internal level 3 PostScript driver, including support for font embedding and sub-setting with TrueType, Type 1, and OpenType fonts. The internal driver supports full Level 2 PostScript constructs and a large subset of Level 3 constructs. PDF support includes transparency, encryption, including interactive PDFs form fields, annotations, and bookmark.
What’s new in this version
New Content dock Now when you select a frame, this dock will show frame-specific controls. If it’s a text frame, you will see text properties. If it’s an image frame, you will get image properties and so on. Better on-canvas selection of objects Selection of objects on the canvas has been improved in two ways. First, you get Ctrl+Click to select items below guides. And then you can Alt+Ctrl+Click to cycle through the items in a group. Markdown importing PDF, Adobe’s IDML, Quark’s XTG, and Krita’s KRA importers have all receieved minor improvements. One more thing that you will probably appreciate is a newly added Markdown importer. Slight UI changes The new version also comes with better support for dark user interface themes, and you can now switch between icon sets without having to restart the application.
- Scribus creates a wide range of written publications, including print-advertisement, calendars, brochures, newsletters, PDFs, and magazines.
- Color modes support both RGB and CMYK
- Several preset templates for new designs. Comes with templates for business cards, newsletters, brochures, and more.
- Can customize pages, adjusting bleeds and margins.
- Able to integrate vector graphics and photos into the documents. Scribus includes the Bezier curves tool, allowing you to adjust curves with accuracy.
- You can attach text to paths or set the flow to be inside shapes.
- The rotation tool is easier to use, adjustable by pressing the up and down arrows.
- Create and edit frames. You can customize them, rounding corners, scaling them, etc
- Able to import Illustrator, EPS, and SVG files.
- RTL support is important for languages like Hebrew, Arabic, Urdu, and Persian
- Contains master pages, allowing you set features such as numbering pages across multiple pages without having to do this manually.
CopyrightLicense GNU LGPL 2.1, MIT, 3-clause BSD, Public domain
Developed byScribus Team
Approximate size404.66 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and over
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry