TestExpert is a test and simulation tool for software developers and testers. It is used in ICT environments where 2 or more entities (a client, a server, etc.) have to exchange information by means of a communication protocol. In those environments TestExpert can take the place of one or more of these entities and provide interaction behavior towards another entity; e.g. a client or server software application. It does this by simulating the information/messages that have to be exchanged. The tool supports UDP, TCP, and HTTP as possible transport layer for sending and receiving messages. Various test scenarios can be created and saved in solution files. Scenarios are defined using a Finite State Machine (FSM) concept with states, events, and actions. Messages can be specified both in binary and text format. Text based messages can be defined either using a Raw Message editor, a HTTP Message editor, or an ABNF Message editor. The latter defines the message content using a template concept that defines the structure using the ABNF syntax notation. Scenarios are executed by the user. While executing log reports are generated to help the user with verifying the actions taken and the responses of the system under test. TestExpert can also be used as a Software Component Test tool. With the help of a small Connector library that is linked with the system under test, the tool can issue JSON RPC calls to an application to invoke component actions. The Connnector takes care of the marshalling of the method requests and responses.
What’s new in this version
Release notes or published on http://testexpert.cwwonline.be/release-note-10
- Test tool for client and server applications where TestExpert can simulate the server or the client
- Support for behavioral testing by means of functional test scenarios.
- Test stimuli (e.g. protocol messages) and reactions are defined in scenarios using Finite State Machine (FSM) concepts. No need to learn a 'test' programming language.
- A powerful Scenario Editor lets the user define States, Events, and Actions.
- Fully customizable message content with 3 built-in message editors: a Raw Message editor (for binary and text messages), a HTTP Message editor, and an ABNF Template Message editor.
- Editing of text messages (other than HTTP for which there is a build-in editor) is made easy using an ABNF Template concept that lets the user pick the message information elements.
- With respect to HTTP or HTTPS TestExpert scenario's can play the client, server, or even both roles.
- The payload of a message can be controlled upfront before sending the message or running the scenario
- While a scenario executes all events and actions are visualized
- The user can configure various type of transport connections with the System Under Test: UDP, TCP, and HTTP
- Scenarios, messages, etc. are saved in Solution Files that can be shared with other people
Published byJos Huybrighs
Approximate size33.1 MB
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.