You open the Windows Explorer to check on your hard drives and all you see is red? There was room on your hard disk yesterday, but today it is gone? There is help! The disk space manager TreeSize Free tells you where precious disk space has gone. - Visualize disk space usage with the treemap chart. - Gain in-depth information in the column view. - Filter scan results and break down information to better clean up your hard disk. - Scan smartphones and mobile devices connected to you PC. - Scan network drives (not in Windows domains / on Windows Server) and locally synchronized cloud shares. - See the NTFS compression rate and apply NTFS compression to directory branches. - Use the touch interface on touchscreen devices. The lightweight app TreeSize Free works directly on the Master File Table (MFT) and reaches extremely high scan speeds. A portable ZIP file enables users to install TreeSize Free on a USB stick. More information is available at https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/
What’s new in this version
New in TreeSize Free version 4.4 • TreeSize Free now supports a Dark Mode. (This feature requires Windows 10 Version 1809 or later.) • TreeSize Free is now also available with Greek, Finnish, and Slovenian translations. You are missing a language or want to contribute to the translations? Great, please help us translate! • A new option on the contextual treemap chart ribbon tab allows you to configure if drag & drop operations shall be allowed. This option is disabled by default to avoid unintentional move operations. • The application icon shown in the start menu has been updated and should now include the application name. • A selected file will now be opened or executed by pressing “Enter”. • Several minor bug fixes and improvements have been incorporated.
- Break down hard disk space usage down to file level: Explorer-like overview shows the size of all subfolders.
- Use the Treemap to visualize the disk space distribution on your hard drives.
- Gain detailed information about files and folders in the column view.
- Filter scan results according to different criteria or create your own patterns (wildcards, regular expressions, or name).
- Scan smartphones and mobile devices via MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and WebDAV.
- Scan local drives and and locally synchronized cloud storage.
- Scan network shares (not in Windows domains / on Windows Server).
- Use the intuitive touch interface on touchscreen devices (Windows 8 and higher).
- Print your scan results.
- Get the portable version and run TreeSize Free from a USB stick.
- TreeSize Free shows NTFS compression rates. Entire folder branches can easily be compressed via NTFS.