VidCoder is an open-source DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. Note that VidCoder can rip DVDs and Blu-Rays but does not defeat the encryption added to commercial discs. I recommend AnyDVD, Passkey Lite or MakeMKV to handle this. VidCoder includes English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Bosnian, Korean, Czech, Polish, Russian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Hungarian, Georgian and Basque translations. The correct language will be selected automatically based on your OS language, or it can be selected manually.
What’s new in this version
* Fixed crash when access to the image cache folder is denied. * Trimmed the "extra options" string to prevent errors.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264, H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, Theora video
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace, rotate, reflect, pad filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding